Tuesday, June 7, 2011

meet tiffany brubaker







Welcome back to our Savvy Sister interviews...today we will meet Tiffany Brubaker! Enjoy~
Your Name: Tiffany Brubaker

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin

How would you describe your style of photography? Clean and crisp - I tend to do really simple poses and simple post-processing hoping to create timeless treasures.



What first drew you in to photography? When I graduated from high school, my parents gave me a camera. I loved it and wanted to learn so much more. I took a photography class in college and then worked at a summer camp as a photographer. I knew I wanted to be a photographer after that summer, but never thought I could actually run my own business. Around 5 years out of college (and working at a desk job), I realized that I could totally do it. I think I needed that time to mature both in my photography skills and in my self. I realized that owning my own business was a big life goal that I wanted to achieve.

Do you work out of your home or a studio? In my home with my husband (who also works at home) and our two, young boys. Most days are crazy.

Tell us about your business before the Savvy workshop? My business took off very quickly when I went full-time in 2007. I was not prepared for how fast it grew. I barely had time to just run my business let alone think about branding, marketing, and pricing. My logo was something I made myself in Photoshop and I had no printed materials (pricing sheets, thank you cards, nothing!). In late 2009, I started searching for a workshop that would help me with getting the business side inline and I found the Savvy blog and workshop.

How has it changed since returning? I totally re-branded my business. I hired someone to design a logo and everything took off after that. I always describe my pictures as clean and crisp and that is what I wanted with my branding. I made pricing cards, thank you cards, business cards, return label stickers, wedding cards, and more. I made a whole new, "clean and crisp" web site. Everything coordinates now and I finally feel like I have it together.



What do you think is the most important thing you learned from the Savvy workshop? The importance of branding. I feel like I get customers now that "get" me and my style because I've laid it out pretty clearly for them.

What was your favorite part? The Inn! I was just so barely pregnant with my second child (now 6 months) and I knew that would be my last vacation for awhile. I enjoyed every second of my time away.

Fun facts we want to know about you:

Favorite Savvy indulgence~ Is ice cream savvy? :-) That's definitely my indulgence, a little too often, in fact.

Favorite place to shop~ Where else? Target!

Favorite vacation spot~ My husband and I went to Maui on our honeymoon and have talked about it almost every day since then.

Favorite blogs to visit~ So many! One of my favorite blogs that isn't a photography or wedding blog is Decor8. I find lots of inspiration personally and professionally with what Holly posts.

Favorite subject to photograph~ Couples in love

Favorite products you sell to your clients~ The Dream Album, it really is "dreamy!"

Favorite thing about being a photographer~ Being around couples and their families on one of the happiest days of their lives. I always come home from weddings appreciating my life and my own family so much.

 Describe your perfect day~ Something simple like going out for breakfast with my family (I love a good diner breakfast), photograph a lovely couple during that gorgeous sunset-y time of night, and end the day snuggling with my husband and watching a movie.

Your website:
Blog: www.tiffanybrubaker.com


Thank you Tiffany!


Yesterday I received many emails asking if we are having a Workshop on the Waterfront this year. I am hoping to have another in spring of 2012...it all depends on if and when we head back to the states. I know we will go back...but when is another question. Things change here daily it seems like. We are hoping {and praying} for a duty station that takes us closer to my family. A job has opened up but we still have to wait to see if he gets chosen for it. My life feels like the great unknown...I can't plan for anything not knowing where we will be next year. I promise to keep you all updated. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! I will definitely be checking out her site. And I hope that everything goes well for your family and you get to come back closer to home!

    ReplyDelete