Monday, June 6, 2011

meet stephanie morgan

We are so proud when we see the wonderful things our Savvy Sisters are doing! I love keeping up with them and following along as they create successful businesses. This week we will be featuring some of the wonderful girls that attended the Savvy Workshop on the Waterfront and we are honored to call our Savvy Sisters! I hope you enjoy meeting them...and I hope they inspire you!

Your Name: Stephanie Morgan


Location: Oakley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)

How would you describe your style of photography? I always have a hard time putting my style into words....I guess I would say soft, clean, simple, with a tiny hint of vintage.



What first drew you in to photography? I've always had a love for it. I used to take pictures all the time when I was a kid. Like many others, my passion for photography really grew when my son was born. 

Do you work out of your home or a studio? Right now I'm working out of my home, but I'm partnering up with another local photographer and we are opening up a studio in a few months called Pure Life Unscripted. www.purelifeunscripted.com

Tell us about your business before the Savvy workshop? I actually didn't start my business until a few months after the Savvy workshop.

How has it changed since returning? I started one:)

What do you think is the most important thing you learned from the Savvy workshop? I think the most important thing I took away from the workshop was that it gave me more confidence in my skills and to value my own art and myself for who I am. There were a lot of different topics discussed so it was easy to take away a lot from it.

What was your favorite part? The food. Just kidding, although the food was amazing. My favorite part was being able to watch the other photographers shoot. I loved seeing how they interacted with their subjects. 




Fun facts we want to know about you:

Favorite Savvy indulgence~ See's candy Scotchmallows. 

Favorite place to shop~ Target, they just have everything!

Favorite vacation spot~ I don't relax very easily, so anywhere I can fully relax and have fun is my favorite spot. A few years ago, my husband and I went to this little bed and breakfast up in the mountains where there was no cell phone service, no internet, no tv, and no city near by. It was extremely relaxing and peaceful. We're hoping to go back again this summer.

Favorite blogs to visit~ I actually don't read a ton of blogs any more since I noticed that it makes me start comparing my work with theirs and that just gets me down most of the time. Most of the ones I do read are photography related, like Design Aglow and the Savvy Photographer of course. Aside from that, I read a few blogs by my photographer friends. And Jose Villa of course. Although, I don't really read his, I just drool over all the images on there:)

Favorite subject to photograph~ hmm...I don't know if I have a favorite subject. There's something about each stage of life that I love. I will say that any time I can capture an emotion or connection from my subject, those are always my favorite images.



Favorite products you sell to your clients~ I sell mostly digital files, but I love canvases and albums. 

Favorite thing about being a photographer~ Making clients cry. Haha. While that is partially a joke, I know that when a client or friend tells me their images brought tears to their eyes, I know I've done my "job" well. 

Describe your perfect day~ being able to lounge around and relax without worrying about any of the stresses in every day life, like paying bills, cooking dinner, cleaning, etc. I'm really not good at any of those anyways. I am, however, very good at lounging around:)


www.purelifeunscripted.com/blog


Thank you Stephanie!



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Steph is AMAZING, I love her style and the emotion she captures from the heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. steph i adore you - these images are stunning, so many i've not seen before! xoxo friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet you Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love getting to know these savvy sisters better - what fun, marsha! warmly, -melanie-

    ReplyDelete